Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow, snow, snow...

Well, here I am at work feeling like a complete wuss. My "plan" was to bike to the transit station this morning and bus it to work since David had to leave the house at 3am. Burnsville got a ton of snow last night but I didn't care, I was biking to the bus! David wanted me to drive, said it wasn't safe, said he was worried...but I wanted to bike. I miss biking. So I spent the extra hour preparing myself to head out. Several layers of clothing, face hood, ski goggles, ear covers, 2 pair of gloves, etc...open the garage and the plows hadn't come. A good 2+ inches on the ground (on top of ice), I still tried to go...but had to turn around and come back home, park the bike, de-layer myself a little and drive the car. NONE of the bike path was plowed yet. It was a mess and as much as I love biking, miss biking...and even though I ride on the road for about 70% of my commute. There is one section where it's just too dangerous and I need to use the bike route...I didn't feel it was worth taking my life in to my own hands to attempt that stretch on the road since the path was inpassable. Feel like I've failed =(

I want the snow to melt!! I don't mind the cold but really...the snow...sucks. Maybe as I lose more weight and get better it won't bother me so much. Will let you know.

...Peace out

No comments: