Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lovin' Life!

Today started with a migraine at a little after midnight that lasted until 3:30am when I took 4 ibuprofen and tried to go back to sleep hoping to drift off in to blissful oblivion brought to you by over counter meds and a really dark room. So much for wishful thinking. Come 5:30 I still had a pounding headache (though not quite as bad). First thought? Damn it! Why on the weekend? Why not a work day when at the very least, if I have to be miserable, I can be miserable at my desk NOT when I want to be home enjoying much needed and earned sleep and a good few hours of World of Warcraft with my buddy?? Second thought? Do you think I can hold breakfast down if I try? Food might help. Food and coffee. Coffee...the elixir of life! So 5:15 I am in the kitchen making some cream of wheat and having some hot black coffee. While waiting for the breakfast of champions to simmer for 2 1/2 minutes uncovered I peaked out the window to see a blanket of white! IT SNOWED! It wasn't supposed to snow last night. My plan for today was, since David had to work, try a solo ride to Rosemount and back. My first significant solo ride...and it SNOWED!! I've never ridden in the snow, I mean I knew it would eventually come to pass but...ok...now is good. So, I played WoW (with a headache) until 8:30 then prepared myself to head out. I will admit, I was nervous.

As always, click for biggerness!

I have to say all in all it was a great ride!! Was 29 degrees, sunny most of the time and not much wind. It was a little harder riding in the snow as it seemed to take more muscle power to actually move the bike, was almost like riding in sand only slippier (not sure if this is a word but it works). Hills are much harder because of the having to work the muscles more but I made it up all but one hill at the end.





And at the halfway point I stopped at a coffee shop to warm up a bit and do some reading and was rewarded with live music, he did a great job and it was so nice!



What a great morning! 17.56 miles of ME POWERED GREATNESS!! Loved every second!



Peace out!

No comments: