Friday, February 8, 2013

Good Intentions ... Actual Outcomes...

Had nothing but good intentions all day yesterday. I tracked my calories like a champ throughout the day. Had about 500 when I left work for the remainder of the evening, which, should have been plenty...a challange, but plenty. I even made the bold statement earlier in the day that I needed to track my calories and stop eating when they were gone. Easy, right? Apparently not. The second I got on the bus for the commute home I started craving. Those cravings all of a sudden were followed by "OMG I am SO hungry", which I find strange because when I walked out of work, I wasn't feeling hungry at all. More cravings. 35 minute bus ride back to Burnsville Transit station, walk to my car and start my drive home. Traffic was bad, idiots on all sides of me and I can literaly feel my blood pressure rising (how some people even get a license completely astounds me. DRIVE YOUR DAMN CAR DUDE!).

Even more cravings, these were accompanied by day dreams of what I wanted to eat when I walked in the door.

Get home and all bets are off. I ate the pretzle rods I was craving (3 servings), the toast with Earth balance (embarrased about how much toast I ate), chips and a tomato on toast sandwich for dinner. I was so disappointed in myself. I did stop after that, I didn't just throw in the towel, wave the white flag and go all out with the thought "well, I've blown it...may as well blow it good". To me, that's like droping your phone then thinking "well that's it, I've dropped it, may as well give it a good stomp" and then smash it to bits.

Today is a chance for another new start. I've had 2 pieces of toast this morning with my coffee and measured out a serving of M&M's but that serving is still sitting on my desk. I've only had a couple M's with my hot coffee but I'll be tracking that serving. I go to the gym tonight instead of early morning so I can stay a bit longer than I normally would since I won't have to rush to get ready for work. Silver lining, right?


Good intentions for a better day.


Striving for a matching outcome!

No comments: