Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Picking Things Up and then Putting Them Down Again!

This morning’s workout was only 40 minutes long. I felt the need to cut it short because with the snow coming down pretty hard I knew we were going to have to fight the gawd awful traffic just to get to the transit station on time, however, I was NOT going to call a “snow day” and skip the gym all together (though, the thought DID slink past my mind at one point). No, I was going to go no matter what! How’s that saying go? If you’re too lazy to work out then you don’t want it bad enough! Anyway, I had also planned this morning to be my first day back weight lifting. I’ve pretty much abandoned weight lifting all together for the last several months and become a “cardio bunny” (unless you count my weekly hauling of laundry up and down stairs as weight lifting). Here was my workout this morning:
  • 3 minutes – Rowing Machine (500 meters) 
  • Lat pull downs – 62.5 lbs (2 sets – 12 reps)
  • Dumbbell Pec Flys – 10 lbs (each hand) (2 sets – 10 reps)
  • Dumbbell Chest Presses – 15 lbs (each hand) (2 sets – 12 reps)
  • Dumbbell Tricep overhead dips – 15 lbs (1 set – 10 reps)
  • Dumbbell Bent over rows – 30 lbs (2 sets – 12 reps)
  • Dumbbell Squat press to Shoulder – 20 lbs (2 sets – 12 reps)
  • Walk 1 lap around track – (never felt so good!)
  • 3 minutes – Rowing Machine (set at 10) (550 meters)
  • Lat Pull downs – 62.5 lbs (2 sets – 12 reps)
  • Medicine Ball Torso twists – 9 lbs (2 sets – 45 seconds each)
  • 2 minutes stretching
 
Tonight I have 60 minutes of Yoga, this will be my 3rd week in a row doing Yoga and I am looking forward to it. It’s great practice for me to accept myself and my abilities where I am at today and try not to find fault with every lunge I need to modify or every breathing sequence I stutter through. In my effort to breathe the way I am supposed to I think I end up holding my breath more than anything else. With time and practice I know I will get it. Until then, it’s ok to be where I am in the moment I am, as un-bendy, uncoordinated and awkward as that may be.
 
Ps…and to the dude next to me tonight, apologies in advance for any leg tangling and tipping over I may cause myself, please know it is never my goal to take as many others down with me as possible.

No comments: