Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The most wonderful time of the year!

Tuesday – September 2, 2008

Today was the first day of school. Half of the house was thrilled…the other…not so much. I took the day off from work, spending a precious vacation day, to stay home and relive my “stay-at-home-mom” fantasy slash previous life. I was up early, as usual, kissed David goodbye as he left for work, made more coffee (Hazelnut) and then waited for my darling children to wake up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as I knew they would be. Once they were up and moving I commenced to make breakfasts of choice. Bethany decided, time being short as usual, to have a egg on toast sandwich and a quick cup of coffee before chanting one more “I don’t want to go to school” as she headed out the door. Just in case I had forgotten and would quickly, upon that revelation, change my mind and extend summer vacation one more day. Matthew, on the other hand, opted for scrambled eggs, toast and coffee (cream and sugar with coffee for color). Surely sixth grade would be an undertaking worthy of large amounts of caffeine to get ones finally “almost teenage” brain motivated. Or so I am told…all the time.

The morning flew by quickly and much to my chagrin, Matthew did not like my idea of me and Pickles walking him to his bus stop. I, personally, didn’t see what the big deal was, this was a huge step! This new bus stop is NOT in front of our house but a block away. DOWN the street! Well, after his initial look of horror dissipated, he quickly threw on his best “I love you anyway mom” face and all was forgiven. He left, on his own…Pickles and I waving (and wagging as they case may be) goodbye from the door.

7:15…all is quiet.

No comments: