Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tired

I have so much running through my head right now I really feel, at times, like my world is spinning as fast as my thoughts are. There is so much still to be done before we leave for "vacation" but by the time I get home from work I just don't feel capable of doing anything. Yesterday, for example, I biked from the transit station after work and made it home by 4:15pm. At this point I sat on the couch and "rested" because I still needed to cook the kids supper and I had to leave at 6:10 for a board meeting. Ugh

6:10 I bike to the meeting and it lasts until after 8:30pm. We had to clean up all the chairs and tables at the end so by the time I made it home it was a little after 9pm. I was so tired.

Fast forward to today. Up at 3:45am and off to bike to the station at 4:30am to catch the bus into Minneapolis.

I'm tired and there is so much I want to do before we go on Vacation that I have to wonder how I'm going to get it all done.

Feeling overwhelmed.

Finished my book "The Time Traveler's Wife" this morning on the bus ride in to work. Wow...what an amazing book! So good, so funny and sad and romantic all at the same time. I makes me think. I really think everyone should read this book, I absolutely loved it.

17 miles so far this week of "me powered greatness"
0 gas burned
1 less car

awesome...

2 comments:

picklemouse said...

Hey Jenny!
Way to go on your biking! I don't know how you keep it up when you're so busy, you must be exhausted. Good for you!
Where are you guys going on vacation??
Chris & I read Time Traveller's Wife last fall and we really enjoyed it. One of my friends here in FL is reading it for her book club this weekend so I'm looking forward to a refresher!
Had WNT with Dave & James last weekend and we were thinking of you...

Ali

Jennifer said...

OMG HI!!!! Did you really? Did you eat some wings for me?!? I do miss WNT and the guys!

We are going up north to Leech Lake (not too terribly far from Itasca State Park) in the Walker area (i'll post a map soon as I figure out how) we are rented a cabin up there and we will be fishing (they will), biking a lot in Itasca state park and the Paul Bunyan trail goes right through our resort. We are staying at woodlandresort.net take a look! We will be doing horseback riding, reading, playing board games, sitting by the fire pit, etc. I can NOT wait.